A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, March 10, 2012

5:00 O'Clock Traffic Jam On The River

We had gabbed an ice cream and shake at McDonald's yesterday and headed to the overlook to see if there was any river traffic going by.  As I turned into the Louisiana Circle, I immediately saw the towboat, Hortense B. Ingram, of Ingram Barge Company, passing by.  Was able to zoom in and get a picture from our truck.  

As the M/V Hortense B. Ingram passes by I saw another towboat that had already rounded the bend in the MS River at Vicksburg going north. 

I did not noticed the other towboat in front of the M/V Hortense B. Ingram when I took the picture above.

I looked back towards the bridges and another towboat was making it way under the bridges.

Almost through...

It was M/V Bill Elmer passing through Vicksburg with its barge containers.

We hit it just right for the 5:00 O'Clock traffic jam!  

This little sparrow was sitting on a wooden barrier at the overlook taking it all in and not worried about anything!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...