A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

A Foggy Sunday Morning Hunt

Silhouette of the tripod (Arrowhead Stand) I was getting ready to climb into.

It was a very foggy Sunday morning as Mark (hog-wild mailrider) took me on the 4-wheeler and dropped me off at the Arrowhead Stand.  I have seen a lot of deer off of this stand and even a hog.  Last season, just as I got on my stand, the hog came through at 30 yards to my left walking through the woods and did not have my rifle loaded yet.  

Mark said he would pick me up around 9:00 so I got down about 8:55 and as I was getting ready to walk out a deer blew at me but never saw it!  Got to the top of the hill near the road and another deer blew at me and saw it run off.  It was a beautiful morning hunting in the fog and below are some pictures I took of one of my favorite hunting spots.   

A foggy front field.

A foggy back field.  

Trying to take pictures of the ducks flying overhead but to no avail.

Fog lifting somewhat in the top field.

Leaving the Arrowhead Stand.

Looking back towards the big field.

Looking up towards the road...a nice long walk.

Gate at the Arrowhead Stand.

Main road heading back to camp.

Main road going to other stands on the property.  

Brad and Brandon came by while I was waiting for Mark and they had seen some does but did not get a shot.  Mark was about 30 mins. late picking me up - You don't want to keep a girl waiting!  All kidding aside, it was great to see Mark again and appreciated him getting me to and from my stands and taking a picture of me with my doe.  Many thanks Mark!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...