A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

A Great Buck With A Great Story


My fiance and I were running late and did not get to hunt this day (January 3rd) so we decided to ride out and check some game cameras. On our way to check the cameras we spotted a deer sleeping in the middle of a bean field. After looking through our binoculars we saw that this deer had antlers. After a few moments of observing the deer, we came to the conclusion that this was the deer that I had been hunting for the past week. We decided to attempt to stalk the deer through the bean field. We positioned ourselves so that the engine to the pivot in the field was between us and the deer. This gave us an opportunity to sneak up on the deer without him seeing us. The wind was perfect, right in my face. We snuck up to the engine and laid down without the deer knowing we were even there. We laid down on the ground and Bo, my fiancĂ©, ranged the deer at 168 yards. He gave me his .308 Ruger scout rifle with a bi pod attached. He was explaining to me where the best place to aim would be when all of the sudden the deer stood up and faced directly towards us. In what seemed to be milliseconds Bo told me to aim directly in to the white patch on the deer's neck. I held steady and shot. The deer jerked his head back slightly then hit the ground with a thud. It was a perfect shot and the deer died instantly and cleanly. We walked up the deer and couldn't believe we had finally harvested the deer we had been chasing. It was exciting and fun and shows that hard work does pay off!  Story by Brittany Hurst

I'm so proud of Brittany in our great wild outdoors!  A very nice buck that was harvested in the great state of Mississippi!  Way to go girl! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...