A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bo's Lucky Pig!


Bo, who finally got his pig last night according to my Facebook friend, Jeff Hunt, his Dad. He said it will be a good eating sow weighing in at 100 pounds.  Red, the dog, saved them again on the recovery.  Notice the bell on Red's collar.  I had a similar experience when I shot a buck and could not find it and a dog was sent from another camp to look for my deer and luckily it was found.  He also had a bell on him and did not bark until he was at the buck.  What in the world would we do without dogs in our lives?  I'm so happy for Bo on his hog hunt.  Red was a good dog to find it so we could get this great picture of Bo proudly smiling and showing off his harvest in our great wild outdoors.  Congrats Bo!

3 comments:

Jeff Hunt said...

Thanks Marian! Bo and I had an awesome time hunting last night, and he had to wait an hour for the pigs to split up before making the shot... I thought his head was going to explode. Hopefully our other son Will can get his first hog next week. Jeff

Marian Ann Love said...

So happy for both of you. I know from experience hunting with my daughter and grandsons what it is to get a deer or a hog. Will be looking forward to Will getting his first hog and will be happy to write about him as well. Good Luck and Goodhunting!

Lindsjö taxar said...

Great! We have a lots of hogs around here. One of our hunting members did get one at our stalking Place some weeks ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...