A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, June 20, 2014

My Granddaughter Turns 30 Today!

My Granddaughter, Sonya Michelle Gordy, turns 30 years old today! She is the oldest of six granddaughters and I'm proud to say that she has served in the U. S. Navy.  She went to boot camp at Great Lakes, IL and from there was stationed at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA. She had signed up for 6 years and planned to be a linguist but became ill and was honorably medically discharged.  She attended MS State University at Starkville and the University of Southern MS at Hattiesburg.  She's planning to return to Southern MS to further her education.  Sonya is fluent in French, German, Spanish and Chinese Mandarin. While living in her hometown of Vicksburg, Sonya took the Hunters Education Course and had planned to hunt with me until she moved away to Magee, MS. I would take her to the deer camp and practice shooting my .22 rifle and she was very good at hitting the bulls eye. We are making plans to hunt together this coming season at her home in Magee. Sonya has also performed on stage at the Vicksburg Little Theater and took acting lessons in college.  I want to wish her a very Happy Birthday and may she have many more returns of the day!  I love and miss you so much!  Have a Blessed Birthday and I look forward to seeing you this fall. Gran Gran 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...