A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Deer In The Park

Saw this deer (doe) on the north loop across from the Mississippi State Memorial in the Vicksburg National Military Park yesterday afternoon while touring the park with my grandson (Carl) and his girlfriend (Courtney) from Wisconsin and my daughter, Kathy. The pictures were taken with my cell phone by my grandson because my batteries had gone out on my camera.  This is the first time I have every seen deer in the park and was really excited. I have seen a lot of turkeys and pictures of hogs in the park as well.  

A deer (doe) and fawn near the Kentucky State Memorial on the south loop of the Vicksburg National Military Park, yesterday afternoon in Vicksburg, MS. 

My grandson took this picture of a really nice buck in a bottom near the Iowa State Memorial on the south loop of our park.  I could have gotten a closer picture if my camera had not died on me! Deer are not spooked in our park because they have never been shot at, of course. Deer are very lucky living here in the great wild outdoors within the city limits!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...