A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, June 21, 2015

My Grandson's 25th Birthday!

Carl shown in the Cedar Hill tree stand at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County, MS.

Today my grandson, Carlton "Carl" Thomas, turns 25 years old.  We used to go hunting together and had a wonderful time.  I was so happy the day he got his very first deer a 5 pt. buck.  It was also written up in our paper, The Vicksburg Post which read - Carlton was hunting with his Gran Gran, Marian Phillips, during youth weekend (2003) when he got a 5-point buck somewhere around the Big Black River.  The deer weighed 150 lbs. and he used his Gran Gran's .270 to make the nearly 100 yard shot. 

That was one of the best days of my life and I'm sure Carl would agree that it was a great and memorable day for him as well. Wishing my grandson, who now lives in Wisconsin, a very Happy Birthday and I will always cherish our memories together hunting in our great wild outdoors. I love and miss you so very much!  Have a happy day!  Gran Gran

Carl with his very first deer, a 5-point buck taken at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club in Claiborne County, MS.  I am one proud Grandmother!

1 comment:

Deer Hunter Greg said...

What great trophy Marian!
Maybe you join us for roebuck hunt in Poland?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...