A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, March 24, 2016

American Queen's Visit

Yesterday, the Majestic American Queen steamboat visited our historical city of Vicksburg, MS, from 8:00 to 5:00.  Every other visit she stays only half-a-day.  


I love to take pictures of the American Queen and this time I wanted to get one of her in-between the bridges.  I got real lucky!  At present the Mississippi River level is 42.24 feet and the flood stage is 43 feet.    


While at the Mississippi Welcome Center I was able to get the perfect shot.  I also took pictures of her going southbound headed to her next port-of-call, Natchez, MS.  


I was able to track her from the waterfront in the Yazoo River Diversion Canal on her way towards the mouth of the MS River to the bridges by way of an APP called, FINDSHIP.


While there I saw the headlights of a train making it's way across the old Hwy 80 bridge from Louisiana to Mississippi and took this picture.  The bridge is no longer used for vehicle traffic, but only train traffic.  Once a year we have a 5-mile run called, Over The River Run that the community can enjoy.

Norfolk Southern Locomotive No. 9975 getting ready to go through the tunnel eastbound. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...