A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 23, 2017

Hunting Buddies @ Famous Christmas Place Hunting Club

Stewart Allen, Mark, Rex Howell, Burney Howell, myself and Paul Howell.  Michael Howell took our picture and missing was Tent Howell who left earlier because our Sunday morning hunt was rained out.

I had two great hunts even though Rex tried so hard to call up a big buck or a doe for me to shoot.  Our first hunt was not far from the Sneaky Stand at a creek bed that was overflowing from a early stormy Saturday morning. It was so nice and peaceful with the flowing waters.. 

Saturday afternoon hunt was near the Beehive Stand at the lake...

 ...but again no luck and Rex had used his new caller on both hunts.

Last weekend Rex called up a very nice 180 lb. buck with his new grunt caller that he got for Christmas using his .270 in uncharted waters.

Mark got a 138lb. doe Friday evening and was the only deer killed.  It was nice of him to offer me a hind quarter to bring home from his deer.  It was much appreciated  Congratulations Mark!

Nothing like a camp fire after a successful hunt from Mark!

A special thanks to my hunting and blogging friend, Rex of Deer Camp Blog, for inviting me up to hunt at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club on the edge of the MS Delta.  It is a great place to hunt and once again to see my hunting buddies and spend good times together while making memories that will last a lifetime.  


While on my way home I usually stop by the Yazoo Interchange to take pictures of the swamp.  Since it was still raining, I just stayed in my truck, zoomed in and got some pix. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...