A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, July 30, 2018

Hog #151 & #15 For Year

Another story to tell from my Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer, who is the "Hog Killing Queen" of Alpine, Texas.  Hog No. 151 and 15th for the year!  

I have an interesting story about last night. I walked to sit out at the storage feeders by 9:09 p.m. Nothing showed up but one fox, one coon and one doe who came in twice. I came in by 11:45 but stayed up and was watching TV. At 1:00 a.m. I decided to walk around the corner to check out the storage feeders. I had hung up some motion sensor lights so I knew if they were on there would definitely be something there. Sure enough, there were 4 hogs (medium sized) that I have seen before on the game card. I stopped at the storage trailer since the moon was full as I did not want them to see me. I shot at the spotted one in the group and I swear I could hear the bullet hit meat. Roy has always told me about this but I have never been able to hear it. They all ran off so I went back in and went to bed. The dogs that were outside barked all night long and I was pretty sure it was because of hogs at the storage feeder. About 5:00 a.m. I decided to check it out. Put on my housecoat and flip-flops and walked towards the storage feeder. Sure enough, I could see two hogs. Again, I stopped by the storage trailer which is about 70 yards away and shot at a good sized hog. I did not go look but this morning when Roy and I walked to the storage feeders there he was. A fat boar that had dropped where I shot him. Makes #151 total and 15 for the year. Will have to watch for buzzards to see if I got Spot or not. This makes me very happy as I do not shoot from this distance. 



My congratulations to the Hog Killing Queen in our great wild Texas outdoors.  I'm so proud of you, Kareen!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...