A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

It's Never Too Late Or Too Old @ Age 104

Florence Teeters isn’t letting her age stop her from experiencing one of the state’s most popular fall traditions.
According to a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources database, preliminary data shows Teeters is the oldest person to date to purchase a gun deer license and harvest a deer.
She bagged a small buck during the gun hunting season.
Teeters is something of an adventurer.
She also recently went ziplining.
It was reported by NBC25 that Teeters shot the deer while hunting with her son in Price County, about 270 northwest of Milwaukee.
"I took mom out to the blind this year.  I had a nice chair for her and it was nice and warm.  A little after 4 p.m., a buck shows up about 30 yeards away.  I tapped her on the knee and I pointed.  She nodded and smiled and was really quiet.  Then she took the shot," her son Bill Teeters said.
Her son told the Madison TV station she wanted to go hunting because she likes being outdoors.
That is awesome to kill a deer at the age of 104!  I just want to make it to my 80's and hope I have good health to keep hunting as long as I can in our great outdoors!  My congratulations to Florence and it goes to show you that it is never too late or too old to get out there and deer hunt. 

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Congratulations to Ms. Teeters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...