A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, September 03, 2021

The American Queen Is Safe & Sound


Here is a picture I took of the American Queen on Friday, August 13, 2021, while moored north of the waterfront in Vicksburg, MS.  This is her first trip in a year and a half because of COVID-19.  It was so good to see her again.  Her destination was Paducah, KY.  

On her way back down south, we had Hurricane Ida hit the New Orleans area and parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.  When I checked to see if she was at the waterfront this past Wednesday she did not show up as scheduled.  

Using my app, FindShip, I saw where she was coming from Greenville, and making her way south.  At 2:00 p.m. she arrived in Vicksburg.

Instead of docking, she went straight to the Port of Vicksburg where she is today.  I guess she will remain there until New Orleans is back up and running.  (Update: Found out she was there for repairs)

It's been a rough almost two years for all of us, and I hope we can get back to some kind of normalcy one day.  Until then, the Queen is in a safe place in our historic civil war town of Vicksburg, MS.

(September 9, 2021, the American Queen is headed to Tunica, MS, and then onto Memphis, TN)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues?
A handful of my blog visitors have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer
but looks great in Opera. Do you have any recommendations to
help fix this issue?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...