A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Revealing The Secret World Of Female Hunters (Cont)

Revealing the secret world of female hunters...

 * I asked these women, "What do you like about hunting?"

Their answers were similar: they love being outdoors, it is peaceful, the quietness and beauty surround them, they are rarely this still and contemplative, they enjoy hunting in the morning and watching the world come alive, they feel close to God,  it is pure joy, their lives are stressful and getting in a deer stand offers them complete peace.  They love seeing wildlife in its natural habitat.

Most of the women prefer to hunt alone because they enjoy solitude.  Some mentioned when they hunt with their husbands they think their husbands talk too much.

I received frequent admonishments from my husband when I first started hunting because he thought I was talking too much in the deer stand.  Wanda Cook advised me to get in a stand by myself as soon as I was safe to hunt along.  It is better to be in a stand without company.

* As a hunter, I see two disadvantages women have as compared to male hunters.  Almost all of the women identified the same two issues --- going to the bathroom and hauling the game out of the woods also.  Both of these topics present some challenges for women, however, most of us have managed to overcome these obstacles. 

To be continued... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...