A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, May 27, 2022

Kareen - The Queen Of Hog Killing

My Facebook friend Kareen of Alpine, Texas, did it again. The queen of hog killing. This is her story.

I was out by 8:48 p.m. because the card showed a boar had come in at 9:38 p.m. Nothing else came in, and I figured he would be a no-show per the usual. Finally, I heard the cattle panel rattle, and there he was under the lights, happily chomping away at the corn I had put out. I took the safety off my rifle, put the crosshairs on his head, pulled the trigger, and down he went. I can never tell how big they are in the dark; they always look more prominent in the daylight. I shot him at 9:42 p.m., so he was on time. That makes a grand total of 202 and 7 for the year.


My congratulations again to Kareen! Way to go in our great outdoors!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...