A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, November 06, 2022

Hog #204 & 9 For The Year

My Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer of Texas, killed another hog last night. This is her story, in her own words.

I was out by 7:37 pm. It was so comfortable I actually dozed off, and when I looked, the hog was there. His butt was facing me, so I had to wait until he turned a little, and when he did, I took my shot, and down he went. He was still breathing a little when I walked up to him, so I put another in him for good measure. The measuring tape showed he weighed about 210, but I didn't take my glasses, so I couldn't really see all that well, but I will remeasure in the morning. His tusks were not very big either, but who cares? I got a hog. That makes # 204, 9 for the year. Pics to follow. Yippee! This one is in memory of my niece, who passed away this Wednesday. This one's for you, Melanie! RIP and fly high, girl! Love you!

Some daytime pics & Jack sure was happy to chew on a hog again.




My congratulations to Kareen on a job well done! Way to go!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...