A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Bear Crossing In Town


Why did the black bear cross the road? While we can't be sure of the answer, it is confined that a bear was spotted running across Clay Street.

In my hometown of Vicksburg, MS, a woman took to Facebook last Wednesday afternoon with proof that a black bear ran across east Clay Street near the Vicksburg District.

Janet Windham shared a picture she snapped of the bear as it left the roadway. 
 
 "My Granddaughter took the picture because I was driving. We'd just turn onto Clay Street from Highway 27," Windham said. "I put it on Facebook because I thought people needed to be aware. "I have never seen a bear like that."

June, July, and August are peak times for people to run across a bear in this state. The summertime is the breeding season for bears, and young male bears are often kicked out of their mother's home territory. They will move to final a new territory nearby.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...