A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, September 02, 2023

Kareen's Latest Hog Kills


Boy, those "yotes" were hungry! 

My Facebook friend, Kareen, who lives in Texas, is a hog-killing machine, and here are the latest kills in her own words...

I was going to sit out by 10:00 pm but once I locked my chickens up I decided to go and was sitting there by 9:18 pm. I was relaxing in my chair and all of a sudden a sounder of probably 15 hogs came in. I had to wait for the feeding frenzy to settle down before I could take my shot and when I did a hog was laying on the ground but all of a sudden it got up and ran off. I went into the pen and was seeing the blood where that hog had laid for a minute and all of a sudden to my right there was a small sow who decided to come back in to eat. She apparently had never seen a human before because she was not scared and she was about 6 feet from me so I pointed my rifle at her and pulled the trigger. She squealed and stumbled out of the pen and I followed her and put her down. I shot them at around 9:39 pm so if I had come at 10:00 I would have scared them off. This morning Roy, Jack and I went to go see my kill but the coyotes had drug her off and we followed the drag trail for quite a way before we didn't see anything. Over the years I have found there is a place they like to drag their kills to eat them so I headed over there and sure enough all that was left of the little sow was a leg. Oh well, I am counting them both as kills so that makes 210 grand total and 4 for the year. Y'all have a great day. I am going to post a picture of the leg LOL.

Congratulations, Kareen, The Texas Hog Killer!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...