A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Kareen's Hog Kill in Alpine, TX


My Facebook friend, Kareen, is a hog-killing machine.  This is what she killed Monday in the great outdoors of Texas!!


So this is what has been happening with the hogs. Two nights in a row before last night, I went out after dark, and both times they were already there and ran off. I decided I would go out earlier and was there by 7:38 pm. Sure enough, some deer came in, ate, and left, and at 8:15, a sounder of youngsters came in. I waited as I wanted to see that big hog. As the moon grew brighter and brighter, I could see very well. When these hogs came in, I could see a boar outside the pen who would not come in but kept letting out a long grunt. When he did that, a few of the young hogs would run off a few feet, then go back to eating. I don't know if he was warning them or what. A little later, I saw the big boar coming up from the creek, but apparently he knew something was up or caught my scent because he turned and went back down into the creek, and I knew he wouldn't be coming back. I finally told myself to just shoot a hog. Really doesn't matter if it's a big one or not, and there were about 8 to choose from. I took my shot, and down he went, and he didn't even do a death dance. That makes only 3 for the year, but makes my grand total 215. I've got to go drag him off in a little bit. Oh, and I shot him at 8:38 pm.


My congratulations to Kareen!  Way to go, girlfriend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...