Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hunting With My Daughter, Kathy

On Sunday, November 26, I took my daughter Kathy hunting with me. We got to the camp "Jasper Bottom" about 11:15, signed in and the hunters that were there were getting ready to do a a drive....so I took Kathy to A3 in a box stand about 2 feet off the ground. It was a great spot to hunt. There had been some logging in that area about two years ago...never been back in there. Was able to use Allen's 4-wheeler to take Kathy in. I went back to the camp and Allen drove me to my stand on the main road which is A-1. We did not see a thing....after the drive the guys left. I called Kathy on my cell phone to see if she wanted to go to a field stand and she did. Got off my stand and walked back to the camp to get the 4-wheeler. Got Kathy and before we left, I took some pictures. I will try to load them on here soon...I drove Kathy to F-1 to hunt and I went up from her to F-6....sat there for two and half hours and neither one of us saw anything. We did have a good time tho. I enjoy being in the woods and so does she. It was quality time with my daughter who will turn 41 in January. We made a lot of memories...hopefully, next time we will get a deer!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...