A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Opening Day (First Post)

Opening Day - November 18, 2006 - Got to the camp about 1:45 and signed in. Saw Allen and he told me about the changes in the deer stands...so my stand will be called A-1...so now we have A1, A2, A3 and A4...then F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 and F6...I asked Allen if my daughter Kathy could come Sunday to hunt...but since it was opening weekend, she could not. One of the rules! There will be no guest on opening weekend. So, I got my .270 rifle and walked to my stand beside the road. Sat there till 5:30 and did not see a deer at all. Saw a squirrel jumping from one tree to the next, a small plane went overhead. A lot of barking squirrels and that was it. A young hunter came in and stop to asked me had I seen anything and that he was sorry that he interrupted my hunt. That is to be expected since my stand is on the main road. Hopefully, will try again tomorrow. Thinking about getting on A2. This stand was moved and I think I can walk to it. Two of the hunters got a deer this morning. Had to call Kathy and give her the bad news. She was so looking forward to hunting with me tomorrow. Hopefully, she will get to come with me next weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...