A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Doe In A Haystack!


This is Bob with his doe that I found and pulled out of the woods last deer season at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bob shot this doe in the late evening and we went back the next day to Mike's Patch to look for it. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack...no blood anywhere. Bob went to the right into the woods and I went to the left. Walked in about 100 yards and saw something that looked like a deer lying by a log across a ravine. I was able to walk around to it and when I got closer, it looked real small and then I started dragging this deer out of the woods...the more I dragged the heavier it got and the bigger it got! Told Bob I found it and he helped me get it over a tree that have fallen down and it took us three tries but we got it up on the 4-wheeler. Got back to the camp and weighed it and it was almost 120 lbs. Yikes!! You should have seen us trying to load it into our 2005 Ford Focus car....it was fun. Bob harvested two deer and got another that got eaten up by a coyote. My hunting was not good this past season. Two deer (at separate hunts) showed up as I was going to the potty and another one I shot at the Cedar Tree Stand. Got down and found blood and tagged where it went into the woods. Had to pick up Bob at another stand on the four-wheeler and was getting late so we decided to wait till the next morning and go back early. On the way back to the camp I grab a grandson to help me track my deer. We found my deer and it had been eaten on possibly by the same coyote since the two stands are close together even though you have to go back towards the camp and then to Mike's Patch to get to Bob's stand.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...