A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, March 08, 2010

The Sneaky Stand


Right of stand.

Left of stand.

Deer came out from the left side towards front of stand.

I saw six deer feeding on corn laid out for the hogs.


Walking back into the brush...real pretty with the morning sunlight shining on deer.

A proud Michael with his turkey harvest on Youth Weekend!

Camo patiently waiting for his Masters return from the hunt.

Bright and early on a frosty Saturday morning, with Spencer at the wheel of the 4-wheeler, Rex and I took off for the Sneaky Stand which was right off the main road.  After they dropped me off, I climbed up the side of an enbankment and the first thing I saw when I got to the top was two dark objects out in the field eating corn that was laid out for the hogs.  No hogs...but deer!  I stood behind the tree and watched until they left and was able to take a couple of pictures without me spooking them.  I had planned to sit under the tree stand since it was a platform stand but decided to just stand beside the tree instead.  I soon had six more deer to come out and enjoyed taking pictures of them braced up against the tree.  About an hour later I heard a shot and thought maybe someone had gotten a hog.  Later, I heard a 4-wheeler coming down the road and it was Paul with his son, Michael.  I saw a really nice turkey on the back of the wheeler and congratulated Michael on his fine harvest.  I hitched a ride back to camp and started taking pictures of Michael with his Dad and his harvest in our great wild outdoors!  Even though I did not see a hog, I was so happy to see eight deer from underneath the Sneaky Stand.  A great morning fun hunt!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow interesting hunting spots for dear hunters. I have to admit, it is a beautiful time to be out in the woods. The trees are gorgeous in their fall colors; the vacationers have all departed leaving a calming silence. Nice story friend, thanks for sharing. South carolina hunting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...