A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Belated B'Day John Kirk!


Yesterday, was my Godchild's birthday and I totally did not remember until I went to bed last night. Here he is with his Dad, Charlie, Sr., youngest brother Michael, with his deer, oldest brother Charlie, Jr., and John Kirk in orange vest.  John Kirk is a Professor at Wichita State in Kansas. He and his wife, Melissa are expecting their first child in a few weeks.  I have known this family since I met Charlie, Sr.'s wife, Jeanette, back in early '70's while working for the Corps of Engineers.  She is my best-est girlfriend in the whole wide world and these boys have all slept in the same baby bed that my four daughters had slept in. I don't know the story behind his brother's nice buck harvest but hope to tell you about it one day.  I did asked John Kirk to tell me, but he said he did not want to take the pleasure away from his brother.  Happy Birthday Godchild and I love you very much!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...