A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Photo Published


I'm thrilled once again to see that a picture I took on Labor Day was good enough to be published today in our newspaper, The Vicksburg Post, that I had submitted.  I put this picture up on my September 9th post of the towboat, Jimmy Sauls, that was headed down the Mississippi River.  As I took the picture, a dragonfly flew in front of my camera.  I did not realized it until I downloaded it on my computer.  To me, it looks like a small boat headed towards the towboat but when I zoomed in, you can tell it's a dragonfly.  Below is the caption that they wrote under my picture.


Marian Love Phillips saw this dragonfly, in the foreground, as being in competition with a tow making its way down the  Mississippi River, although she said she didn't see the bug until after shooting the traveling boat.


Photos submitted should be current and of interest to the public, either because of their subject matter or their oddity, or the photographic skill itself.  I am truly honored to have another one of my pictures published.  It really makes for a happy Sunday! 

2 comments:

Joe said...

Congrats Marian. That's a nice pic.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Joe...I appreciate the compliment! The dragonfly did the trick! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...