A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Towboat "Jimmy Sauls"

Living in a river city all my life I've enjoyed in recent years coming to the overlooks and watching the river traffic. The mighty Mississippi River in itself is spectacular to see but with the added pleasure of watching the boats and towboats really makes it nice.  I do miss the paddle wheel steamboats, American, Delta and Mississippi Queens.  They were awesome to watch going up and down the river.  This past Monday, Labor Day, we were out and about and drove by the overlook near the bridges and as I glanced north one was coming down the river.  It was towboat Jimmy Sauls making it's way south heading towards Natchez, MS.  Here are a few shots that I took on a nice and pleasant Labor Day.

Towboat ~ Jimmy Sauls
Note in the picture that it looks like a small boat headed towards the towboat but in actuality it's a dragonfly that flew in front on my camera while taking the picture.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...