A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, July 19, 2013

Family Cabin Getting New Look



My step-daughter, Karen Whitmore and family live in Santa Fe, NM, and they also have a family cabin in the woods in Las Vegas, NM. My husband, Bob, and I have been there several times and it's so nice to sit on the porch and enjoy the scenery in the woods at the Cerro Bonito Ranch. Only the women in the family have roads named after them there.  I am fortunate to have my own road called, Marian's Mile, for my smile! :)

I have seen bear scat on the porch one time when we arrived and also we spooked a huge elk in the woods while riding around in an opened jeep and took pictures of it's footprints.  Also, heard an elk bugling at 3:00 in the morning.  What a wonderful sound it was.  Just like the sounds of the owls that live in our oak trees that surround our home.  I just love it!  A city girl that should have been born and raised in the woods!

We are looking forward to one day returning to the cabin to see the "new" recycled plastic railings with the deck that is being installed now.  The railings look like real metal to me.  With all the great grandchildren coming along they will really enjoy coming to the cabin and not getting any splinters playing on the porch from the railings. 

Below is a babbling brook that runs in front of the cabin where the grand kids have enjoyed playing growing up and now it's time for the great grand kids to have their turn playing there.  How lucky they are and what fun they will have!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...