A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, February 27, 2017

MS River Dropping @ Vicksburg


I rode over to the Louisiana Circle today around 1:00 after my Doctors appointment and took a few pictures on a cloudy and rainy day.  The bend in the MS River at Vicksburg is called, Delta Point.

The sandbar is way out as the MS River is falling.  River level now is 19.90 feet and dropped -0.39 foot.  Flood stage is 43 feet. 

Our U. S. Flag atop the old Hwy 80 bridge.

A partial picture of the bridges at Vicksburg.  I noticed on my FINDSHIP app that I just missed seeing M/V Navigator as it was heading north on the MS River just passing Vicksburg.

Sandbar on the Louisiana side of the MS River.

Gages on the pillars of the two bridges.

Old Hwy 80 bridge is also used for east/west train traffic.  This is looking towards the Louisiana side.  While on my way home on the frontage road, before I became parallel with I-20, a deer ran across the road in front of me towards the woods by the Interstate.  Have seen deer in this area before and of course they live within the city limits and walk the streets day and night!  All deer feel safer now with hunting season over with in the great wild and wonderful Mississippi outdoors!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...