A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, February 20, 2017

Couple of Hogs For Danny!

With deer season over with now it's time to get after those nasty ole hogs.  This is exactly what Danny Perfuit of Poplarville, MS did over the weekend and got a couple of fat hogs with one being a sow.  

I hope to get back up in the MS Delta later this year to try and get hog number 3.  A few years ago while deer hunting around 5:00 in the afternoon I saw about 12 hogs in an opened field eating.  Braced my .270 on one of 3 big hogs and put the site on her head and dropped her and reloaded and shot another smaller one running.  My black sow weighed 180 lbs.  I had it processed and ate off of it for a year and gave some to family and friends. 

My congrats to Danny in thinning out the wild hog population that is rapidly becoming a menace for agriculture, etc., in our great wild Mississippi outdoors!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...