A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, October 29, 2007

Skippy

Since I had a YouTube video of a cute little boy and his dog that I posted on October 26, 2007, I wanted to share my first dog with you. In the photo above, I must have been about 10 or 11 years old when this picture of Skippy and I was taken by one of my parents. (I actually remember posing for this picture on the side of our house next to our driveway). Skippy lived with us for approximately 14 years. I remembered that Skippy would always run out in the street and bark at cars and trucks and I was afraid one day he would get hurt or killed. We actually lived on one of the main streets that comes into Vicksburg and approximately seven blocks from town. Skippy would wait on the porch steps everyday for me when I got off the city bus from school. We really had some fun times together. Skippy was a Boston Terrier and was a good dog to my sister, brother and I. One day, as I had predicted, he got out in the street and got hit by an 18-wheeler. He had barked at vehicles for so long and by this time he was having problems seeing. I remember all of us burying him in our backyard. It is always heart-breaking to lose your family dog or cat, which is an experience we all have to go through one day. They are like family members.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always tough to lose a pet, but the ones that you lose as a kid always seem the worst.

Sounds like he was a fiesty little thing.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Kristine...yes, he was a fiesty one!

Andy said...

That makes me sad just thinking about it. Our pets are almost like a family member. I even have a $2000 cat to prove it.

Marian Ann Love said...

WOW Andy, That's a lot of cat! I know you are taking good care of it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...