A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jenny's Buck

Jenny came to my MySpace this week and asked me to be her friend. On her MySpace I noticed that she had harvested a real nice 8 point buck back in November 2007. I asked her if she would tell me the story of her harvest. Here in her own words is the story behind her successful hunt.

I was in a stand I had been in before in a palmetto bottom off a creek. The wind was light and swirling and it was trying to rain. My husband was about 300 yards away, and my son was in a tower stand we built overlooking a huge field. Well I kept hearing, what I thought were hickory nuts falling from the trees behind me and realized that the sound was in the same spot each time. I eased around to look and it was my buck at the edge of the creek getting ready to cross. I guess he had smelled me, but considering he was only 12 yards from me, I wasn't surprised he smelled me. I think he was bedded there and I walked right by him coming in to my stand. Anyway, I let him cross the creek and when he got settled on the other side, I took my shot. He ran only 15 yards and crashed. Oh yes, my son killed a deer that morning also with his new Ruger .308 compact that was an early Christmas present from us.
My congratulations to you Jenny!
Jenny, 36, was born in Florida, and now lives in Mill Spring, North Carolina. She has been married to her husband Bryan for seventeen years and they have two boys, Bryan, 16 and Boone, 13. She said she loves to hunt and that's what she looks forward too in our great outdoors! This is a sweetthing!

2 comments:

The Hunter's Wife said...

Marian, I have to say how cute are you and how popular you are on myspace. That is great.

Jenny, What a great buck. Congrats!

SimplyOutdoors said...

A very nice buck. Congrats Jenny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...