A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our 1959 Graduating Class

Will be celebrating our 50th Class Reunion this coming Friday and Saturday. It will be great to see my classmates again. We will have our "Ice Breaker" at The Ware House downtown Vicksburg where we have rented a suite. We all look forward to our milestone celebration. I have put together a memory booklet for all of us and is approximately 53 pages and is dedicated to our deceased. I also started a blog last year and named it, of course, Class of 1959 and have posted their autobiographies and pictures of basketball, football, etc., a gift to my classmates. Walter P. Little took me to my Senior prom and he went on to be a Doctor in Dermatopathology and was also a clinical professor of pathology and dermatology in Alabama. He is retired now and he and his wife live Mountian Brook, AL.

Members of the 1959 graduating classes of St. Francis Xavier Academy and St. Aloysius High School will participate in a reunion and will be recognized at the Catholic Schools' annual alumni banquet Saturday. Members of the girl's graduating class were Marie Braun, Kay Hess, Ina Lott, Marian Love, Myrtle Loviza, Vera Marshall, Theresa Martin, Margaret McCormack (D), Pat McNamara (D), Sue McNamaara, Jackie Melsheimer, Katherine Meyer, Florence Murphy, Billie Price, Antionette Sheehan, Margaret Sheehan, Bonnie Smith, Lynn Stegall (D), Rosalye Wilkerson and Marlene Wilson. Those from the boy's graduating class were William "Bill" Adams, John "Jack" Baker, Paul Booth, Franklin "Eddie" Crevitt (D), Ivan Cunningham, Phillip L. Doiron, George Evans, Wayne M. Evans, Eddie R. Habert, John A. Hennessey, Joseph "Joe" Lindigrin (D), Walter P. Little, Louis "Sonny" Logue, Jackie Mackey (D), Larry Miller, Mickey Sullivan, III, Gordon Sutton, Roy V. Turcotte, Jr. and Robert "Bob" Witty. All alumni are welcome to attend the Mass at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at St. Michael Catholic Church. A social will begin at 6:30 in the church's parish hall, followed by a banquet at 7:30 featuring Dr. Edward Habert, speaker. Eddie is retired now from St. Anthony's Medical Center in St. Louis, MO, as a Radiologist. He and his wife live in Kirkwood, MO and Destin, FL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are looking forward to your reunion. I honestly could never pull myself to go to any of mine but I sincerely hope you have a good time.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thank you Rick. I am looking forward to seeing my classmates. I think I know them better now then back in high school since I have talked to most of them and put together a memory booklet for us. It turned out really nice. Got that done today. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...