A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cows, Cows and Miss Lucy!

Lucy posing with the cows in the background!

Well, here I go cow blogging again...I have a "thing" for cows...don't know why, being a city girl, but I consider myself a little bit county and a little bit Santa Fe.  I also love going out west to see my step-daughter and family in Santa Fe, NM.  I do love the country side and the wide open spaces.  I could actually live in a log cabin in the woods.  Matter of fact, my step-daughter and family have a two story log cabin in the woods outside Las Vegas, NM in San Miguel County.  It's call the Cerro Bonito (Beautiful Hills) Ranch that they can retreat to.  It is so peaceful and quiet there sitting on the side of a rocky hill with a brook running beside it.  All the roads there are named after women only and I have a road named after me that is called, Marian's Mile for my smile!  Bob and I made a sign for my road and put it up about 8 years ago.  It was quite an honor.  Well, lets get back to me cow blogging again.  One day I want to get a close up of their faces.  These cows were too far away for me to do that yesterday.  My mentor would be so happy to know that I took the time out to stop along the road to take some more pictures of cows!  ;)
 
Lucy said that this cow was walking strange.  They were all walking to get fed and it was around 11:00 am.
 

Trying to stay cool since it was near 90 degrees.


Lucy found some blackberries near the fence line.

There was a lot of baby calves. 

2 comments:

CDGardens said...

I love the cow pictures but I especially like the picture where Lucy finds some blackberries. Were the blackberries ready yet?

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks about the cows cdgardens...not sure about the blackberries. I will asked her...we were in such a hurry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...