A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Vicksburg Youth On The Hunt


Lane Gordon,7, shot his first buck while hunting in Carroll County.  The 4-pointer was taken with a .243 rifle from 92 yards away.  Lane is the son of Will and Amanda Gordon of Vicksburg.  My congrats Lane on your very first buck in our great wild outdoors!


Robley Shingleton, 10, shot this 7-point, 125-pound buck while hunting with his father in Texas. Robley is the grandson of Jim and Anita Hossley of Vicksburg.  Anita is in my sorority, Pi Alpha Kappa, Omega Chapter, and she told me that her daughter's husband and grandson went hunting near Amarillo, TX on Christmas afternoon.  My congrats Robley...what a Christmas present! 

1 comment:

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks DeanO...I look forward to Friday's paper to see if some kids or adults have gotten a deer. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...