A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Queen's Back In Town

I saw on Visit Vicksburg Facebook page that the American Queen was back in town.  I went downtown to the top of one of the parking lots to get this view of her docked at the city waterfront. I had planned to go behind the flood wall's after I left the parking lot but the entrance was all blocked off.  I can see why with all the tourist getting off to climb the hills to visit downtown or to go on a tour. It will be much safer for them all.     

One of the tour buses waiting to take passengers and passed one in town headed back to the ship loaded with tourist. It has American Queen written all over it like this ONE!

Close up of the paddle wheel...

...and stacks!

She will leave town around 7:00 tonight and be back in Vicksburg on May 26, 2012.  She is always welcome here.  God Save the Queen and long may she reign!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...