A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Colton's Hunting Story

Colton Fultz wrote - "Hello guys..I'm Colton I'm from Central Pennsylvania and I have a story that just might touch your heart and I want to know if you'll share my story and picture.  


Okay, well it was December 2nd 2012 opening morning of the two week rifle season here in Pennsylvania.  Me and my father were hunting a property that we had never hunted before and we actually went to this property the day before the hunt and cleaned out the stands we were going to hunt in! My dad was hunting in a stand that was just an old box stand looking down into the pines.  I was hunting a stand 200 yards away over looking the mountain side. Well that morning we got out of the truck and I was gearing up grabbing my gun getting ready to go and I saw my dad looking into the night sky. I heard him say "Ronny if me and my son are gonna kill a buck this year please let it be today. Not to mention my dads brother was killed in a car accident at the age of 16 and my pap passed away to heart failure years later. Well, I got into my stand and my dad walked to his stand and he called me on the radio and said he made it to his stand it was game time. Well..it was 7:02 right at break of daylight.  I was kinda dozing off when I heard a shot go off. I knew it was my dad! I called him on my 2 way radio asking him if he got him! He said back that he just shot a small 6 point. So, I was really really excited and I got out of my stand and ran to my dads tree stand and we went down to where the deer was standing and their was no blood,  no hair, NOTHING! I was upset my dad hadn't shot a deer in 10 years! And I really thought he had finally got it done. It was snowing so bad that day and my muck boot had flipped up snow when i walked in and in that snow I seen a spot of blood and my dad had hit that buck! Maybe he had hit him!! So I walked out the mountain and he walked up the mountain.  I walked maybe 40 yards and what did I see laying off in the distance? A buck!! He got him! I ran up and what I saw made me drop to my knees and yell for my dad! A MONSTER 10 point buck! My dad had shot a monster ten point buck! In all my years of hunting with my old man I had never seen him get so excited! I saw the tears began to run down his face! He said "I thought he was just a little 6 pointer - I seen nothing but 3 points on each side" We knew that my pap and my uncle Ronny had blessed us with this harvest! Thanks to everyone who read my story!  Colton

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...