A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Supplies For M/V David A. Lewis, Jr.

This past Monday I drove by the Louisiana Circle to see what was happening on the Mighty Mississippi at my hometown of Vicksburg.  Before I could reach the circle I saw a towboat coming under the bridges and as I pulled around to the circle there was a supply boat headed towards the towboat.  Here are a series of picture I took as the supply boat makes his delivery.  

Almost there!

Making his way to the towboat to deliver the goods.

Coming into view at the circle.  

In full view...

...the M/V David A. Lewis, Jr., passing by my hometown.  

A very large load...

...and another close-up shot!

Heading to the bend in the MS River going north with it's empty load of containers.

As I was leaving another supply boat was headed south with another M/V vessel making it's way north under the bridges.  A very busy day on the Mighty Mississippi!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...