A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Yesterday's River Traffic

After I left the Farmer's Market yesterday morning, I decided to drive by the Louisiana Circle on my way home.  As I turned into the circle I saw this big towboat making a turn in the bend of the MS River at Vicksburg.  

I was able to get this picture of another towboat out my truck window.  It was moving pretty fast going south.  

I got out of my truck and noticed that the big towboat had made it's turn and was following behind another towboat pushing containers.

I never could get a name on this M/V but it did have the name Blanco on the back end of it.  

Heading under the bridges at Vicksburg, MS.

A close-up view.

Almost under the bridges now.

I turned back towards the bend in the river and it looks like the big towboat was trying to play catch-up!

A pulled-out view of the towboat making it's way on down the Mighty Mississippi.
(Click on pictures to get a closer view)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...