A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Twofers Again!

My Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer, who lives in Alpine, TX, did it again, a twofer!  The second time to get two hogs at one time #114 and #115.  Kareen cleans houses during the day and kills hogs at night.  I have killed two hogs at one sitting but with two bullets. This is only one bullet.  Someone commented that the buzzards are really loving her!  My congrats again to Kareen and I'm so proud of her.  Below is her hog hunting story I wanted to share with you in her on words in our great wild and wonderful Texas outdoors! 


Hello everyone! I am just back from sitting out. I was out by 8:45 p.m. I sat out at the same place as last night hoping that something would show up earlier as I figured they would be hungry. No javelins showed up which I thought was a bad sign. I contemplated on how long I would continue to sit out but then a coon showed up so at least I had something to watch. The moon is bright enough I can see shadows and sure enough I saw shadows about 10:40 p.m. They were very cautious but finally came in. I waited and decided to take a shot on a razorback I had seen in the game cam. Down he went and I waited until his death dance was over and then I saw there was another one on the ground! He was still breathing although he was mortally wounded. I don't like seeing them breathe so I stepped back and put one more in his head and waited for him to stop doing his death dance. That is the only way I can describe it as I know it is really a seizure. I shot them at 10:46 p.m. and I went out in the Kawasaki tonight instead of my truck. That makes #114 & #115, both boars.

                                                            Boars #114 and #115!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...