A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Riverboat America, Towboat, Etc.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a riverboat moored in my hometown yesterday because "America" was not on my schedule to be here until Saturday.  I found out "America" was moored by an app FINDSHIP on my phone.  After my doctor's appointment, I decided to run down to the riverfront to see the boat.  Here are some pictures I took on my way through town.


No automatic alt text available.

A picture of a new restaurant that opened last Saturday called The Mississippi Barbecue Company. I'm looking forward to eating there and I know it will be a BIG hit downtown for sure!

 A closeup-up picture of the Maritime towboat.

Took this picture from my truck of the same Maritime towboat in the Yazoo Diversion Canal heading to the Mississippi River.  

A dingy in the Yazoo Diversion Canal just puttering around.  

Riverboat "America" moored yesterday at the waterfront while workers were loading fresh produce onto the boat.  

A side view of "America."

Today the Grand "American Queen" is at our waterfront for a full day for her passengers to tour and enjoy our historic civil war town of Vicksburg, MS.  Friday the "American Duchess" returns.    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...