A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, March 25, 2019

River, Rails and Riverboats

The Grand American Queen was moored all day Saturday in the Yazoo Diversion Canal behind the Old Depot Museum for her passengers to tour our historic civil war town of Vicksburg, Mississippi.

When I arrived workers were busy laying down new railroad ties.

At one point the passengers had to wait for the workers to finish... 

... so they could get on/off the ship

Working on the railroad while flooding has stopped...

...the north and southbound rail traffic.

Riverboats America arrived this past Thursday, American Duchess on Friday...  

...with the American Queen on Saturday for a full day of passengers touring our city.  Three riverboats staying three full days are great tourism for our hometown.   Vicksburg:  The Key To The South!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! We will be linking to this great content on our website.
Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

Having an impressive fan page is capable of doing attracting large number
of audiences on the page. What we've got listed here is probably not exhaustive, but iit cann be the pat that individuals went by to acquire
the great picture of performance stated. Without this step your website iis certain to gget lst within the an incredible number of websites competing oon your business.

Anonymous said...

Heya! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does building a well-established website such as yours take a massive amount work?
I am brand new to blogging however I do write in my diary everyday.
I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share
my experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have
any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;)
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...