A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Riverboats America & American Duchess In Town Today

I love taking pictures of the riverboats from this spot on Washington Street looking down at The Old Depot Museum.  America on the left and American Duchess of the right with her pretty blue umbrellas!  

America and American Duchess from top of the hill.

America and American Duchess moored at the riverfront in the Yazoo Diversion Canal today near the railroad tracks.

America's passengers coming back on board after touring historical sights in town and at the Vicksburg National Military Park by bus.  

"The American Duchess"

I love this little red caboose parked near The Old Depot Museum with riverboats America on the left and American Duchess on the right.  

America and American Duchess moored real close to the Vicksburg Riverfront Murals.

Since our hometown is a civil war town, I took this picture of the "Welcome to Vicksburg" signage with the cannon in the foreground. I'm so glad we have a welcome sign now for all the passengers touring our historic town from the riverboats and tourists/visitors. Artist Drew Landon Harris did a great job of painting on the Washington Street building and was inspired by the topography of the Vicksburg area with the hills, valley, and tributaries.  Vicksburg:  The Key To The South!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think your website may be having web browser compatibility problems.

Whenever I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine
however when opening in I.E., it has some overlapping issues.
I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!

Aside from that, great site!

Anonymous said...

What's up, all is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's
in fact excellent, keep up writing.

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids.
I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and
said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the
shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought I might check things out.

I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...