A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, August 16, 2021

Kareen's #194 Hog Kill & #5 For The Year

In Kareen's own words: So I sat out Thursday night because a hog was coming in after midnight. He showed up at 10:00 p.m. & I took a head shot but I missed it. I was so pissed at myself. The card showed him coming in a little after 3:00a.m. so I was sitting out by 11:30 p.m. He showed up after 1:00 a.m. but his butt was facing me so I had to wait until he turned broadside. I shot & could see him hunker up & his mouth was open so I felt sure I had hit him. Y’all my heart must have been over 200 as I was so excited to see a hog LOL. We went & looked this morning but found nothing. It has rained so much it was just too brushy so all I could hope for was for the buzzards to show me where he was. Still, I was disappointed because I felt sure I had hit him. On the last time I went to look I told myself to look for buzzards where I would not expect them to be. Sure there was a tree in the creek that they usually don’t hang out in. I was ever so hopeful. Finally there he was & Jack was pulling his fur out as fast as he could. He measured 48 inches which are about 280 pounds. The biggest hog I have shot in a while & I am so happy because it’s been so long since I have killed one. 194 total, 5 for the year. Yaaaaay!

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...