A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, June 20, 2022

Happy 38th Birthday Sonya!

My Granddaughter, Sonya Michelle Gordy, turns 38 years old today! She is the oldest of six granddaughters, and I'm proud to say that she has served in the U. S. Navy. She went to boot camp at Great Lakes, IL, and was stationed at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA. She had signed up for 6 years and planned to be a linguist but became ill and was honorably medically discharged. She attended MS State University at Starkville and the University of Southern MS at Hattiesburg. She's planning to return to Southern MS to further her education. Sonya is fluent in French, German, Spanish, and Chinese Mandarin. While living in her hometown of Vicksburg, Sonya took the Hunters Education Course and had planned to hunt with me until she moved away to Magee, MS. I would take her to the deer camp and practice shooting my .22 rifle, and she was very good at hitting the bull's eye. Sonya has also performed on stage at the Vicksburg Little Theater and took acting lessons in college. I wish her a very Happy Birthday, and may she have many more returns of the day! I love and miss you so much! Have a Blessed Birthday, and I look forward to seeing you soon. Gran-Gran 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...