A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Texas State Memorial

Col. Thoms N. Waul's statue looking out towards the Iowa monument.





This past Friday I grabbed my camera and went to the Vicksburg National Military Park to take some pictures of some monuments. Did you know that our park is one of the most heavily monumented parks in the world with over 1330 monuments, markers, tablets, and plaques? A Civil War veteran called the beauty and artistry of its monumentation, "the art park of the world." On my little excursion, I decided to take the south loop and try my hand at some photography. I like to get up close and personal on the faces of the statues and also get a different angle on them. I have walked or drove by this monument so many times through the years but never took the time to really stop and capture it. Here are a few photos I took and the statue of Col. Thomas N. Waul called, as read on the plaque, Waul's Texas Legion.

1 comment:

CDGardens said...

Looks like a neat excursion. Great pictures!

On memorial day I had a chance to take pictures of some civil war grave markers in southern Iowa.
Some interesting information.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...