Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Hog Hunting FL Style

I had a friend to send me this photo yesterday and she said that it was taken on River Road next to I-75 & U.S. 41, just south of North Port, FL, towards Rontonda West and Englewood, FL. How would you like to meet up with this guy on the road? Looks like there is more than one way to kill a hog...talking about hogs - Burney over at Deer Camp Blog killed a hog with a .357 caliber pistol this past weekend. Way to go Burney! Charming, Just Charming!

6 comments:

The Crap Blog Detective said...

A .357 caliber pistol is such a gay weapon, you should tell your friend that.

Marian Love Phillips said...

My friend did not use a gay weapon and futhermore...I think you have some freaking issues, Mr. Crap Blog Detective!

Mushy said...

Amazing photo!

I have a .357 and I'm not gay!

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks Mushy for coming by...love your comment my friend! :)

Rick Kratzke said...

I think we ought to call out the national guard.

Phillip said...

Awwww man! Someone let my secret hog hunting weapon out of the pen again!

If anyone finds him, I'd love to have him sent back home. His name is Umberto and he likes fresh pork chops. Just be real careful when you go to grab him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...