A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, November 30, 2009

No Luck Deer Hunting

The field in front of me that I walked across to get to my stand.
A new deer stand near the Big Black River (A3)

When I got to the deer camp there were only four hunters and one was getting ready to pull out. No one had harvested a deer that morning. I decided to go to the stand that I was going to put Kathy on Friday and check it out. I liked it and was easy to get into. No deer walked out and it was a 15 minute walk to and from the stand. When I got back to the camp they were loading up the 4-wheelers and the camp president, Allen, said he only saw a deer towards dark and could not make it out. No one else saw anything. It was a very warm day yesterday and the deer were not moving at all. The weather today has fallen into the low 50's and by Thursday and Friday into the upper 20's for the low. Primitive weapons will start December 2-15 and then back to guns. I look forward to getting back into the woods after primitive season is over with. I need to check into getting a .40-70 or a .444 Marlin to hunt with so I will have more time in be in our great wild outdoors.

1 comment:

mehran said...

hi
your blog is best . nice to visit this. be successful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...