A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Youngsters On The Hunt

Torey Daniels killed the 8-point buck on November 14 while hunting with her grandfather in Warren County. Daniels used a .44 magnum and made the shot from 100 yards. The deer weighed 185 pounds and the rack measured 16 inches.

Lacey Parker, 7, took this 8-point buck while hunting with her father, Mike, on the opening day of youth weekend. The buck weighed approximately 150 pounds.

Abby Truesdell bagged her first deer while hunting with her grandfather, John Barnes, on Sunday. She shot the 3-point, l28-pound deer with a .243 youth handi rifle from a distance of 70 yards.

Nine-year-old Vicksburg resident Jessie Barrett shot his first buck, an 8-pointer weighing about 230 pounds, while hunting with his step father Mike Garner on November 14. Barrett made the shot with his 30-30 rifle at the Lazy Seven Hunting Club in Warren County. Barrett is the son of Risa and Mike Garner, and Joey Barrett. My congrats to all our young hunters in our great wild outdoors. Charming, Just Charming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great that the kids are getting out to hunt. By them doing this early I think it will help keep our traditions alive.

Marian Ann Love said...

It sure will help keep our tradition alive Rick...They don't know how lucky they are by being able to hunt at such a young age. I did not start hunting till I was in my mid-forties and been trying to catch up every since...I owe my thanks to Bob, my second husband. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...