A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Taj Mahal Morning Hunt

I was excited about being put on the Taj Mahal stand Tuesday morning which is the nicest one at the Christmas Place hunting grounds.  Rex (Deer Camp Blog) usually decides where Bob and I need to go according to the prediction of the wind patterns.  The wind prediction was going to be 14 miles per hour and with the chill factor it made for a very cold morning hunt.  Rex dropped me off and then he went to the Elbow Stand.  It was unfortunate that I did not see a deer but enjoyed watching a huge number of birds out in the fields where peanuts had been planted.  A hunt is never wasted because you have nature and God's creatures to enjoy and to keep you company!

In front of me.

Behind me where Rex brought me in.

Field to the left where I have seen deer come out...but not today.

Birds in the fields enjoying a left-over peanut feast.  


I took a couple of pictures of myself while hunting.



Deer stand in the distance.

A swarm of birds in the fields.



Morning hunt is over and time to pack up and leave with Rex on his way to pick me up.

Leaving the Taj Mahal!

5 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Nice hunting ground. Sorry you didn´t see a deer. What a swarm of birds!!
I like your hunting outfit...cool lady!!!
Have a happe new years evening all of you.

Marian Ann Love said...

It is a very nice hunting ground and like paradise there...Yes, we saw the swarm of birds coming in and was glad to get a chance to get a shot of them while on the deer stand. Appreciate the compliment and wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year as well my deer friend in Sweden! :)

Lindsjö taxar said...

http://www.jagareforbundet.se/svenskjakt/jaktplay/

This is videos on our hunting site in Sweden. View the latest Älgjakt 2011, exciting moosehunt.

CDGardens said...

You had a good view of everything from the Taj Mahal.

Being outside in the still of the morning,waiting for deer is a great way to start the day!

Marian Ann Love said...

Looked at your video and it seems like the hunter was calling the moose to him and came right up to the stand...awesome...and my congrats. Very nice moose. Thanks for sending to me and letting me see your hunting site in Sweden. :)

Yes, CDGardens...nothing like being in a deer stand and waiting for an adventure in nature. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...