A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Vicksburg's 15-Point Trophy Buck!

Vicksburg resident Jerry Brown took down a 15-point trophy buck while hunting on private land south of Bovina on November 27, 2011.  The buck weighed 280 pounds and scored 151-3/8 points on the Boone and Crockett scale.  Its rack measured 18-1/2 inches across.  Bovina is only a hop, skip and a jump from Vicksburg!


My congrats to Jerry Brown!  

Bradley McCullough bagged this seven-point, 180-pound buck with his 7mm-08 on November 12, 2011.  The buck's rack measured 18-1/2 inches on the main beam and 14 inches across.  Bradley is the son of Tim and Kim McCullough.

Austin Neihaus, 14, killed this 10-point buck while bow hunting on November 21, 2011.  Neihaus made the shot from 30 yards away.  My congrats to Austin and Bradley on their trophies in our great wild outdoors!

Watch this video of this little girl who took her first deer.  It brought back a lot of memories when I got my first deer, a six-point buck!  She is so lucky to be young and becoming a lady hunter for years to come.  I was in my mid-forties before I became a hunter and was so fortunate that my 2nd husband-to-be, Bob, took me hunting and soon told him, I can do this!!! 

4 comments:

Empath Outdoors said...

Awesome video, that is great!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Coyote Assassin - she is now an official hunter! :) It is great! Thanks for dropping by and you really have a nice site! :)

Michael said...

That's a awesome buck! I hope to see a buck like that this hunting season!

Marian Ann Love said...

Glad you enjoyed the video as much as I did DeanO and Michael I hope you see and get a nice buck this season. Let's keep our fingers crossed! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...