A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Opening Day Of Hot/Cold Weather


Mark Sandifer of Bentonia, MS was trying to deer hunt this afternoon and said he was hugging a tree with 40 mph winds blowing.  For opening day of rifle season in Mississippi, it was pretty hot but later in the afternoon that all changed.  Another hunter said he had just shot one and the bottom fell out before he could track it and hopes to find his deer.  Temperature has dropped pretty fast.    

I did not get to go hunting this opening weekend but hopefully next weekend I will.  When you don't belong to a camp anymore and you have to be invited it is few and far between hunts which I hate.  I wished I own land with a deer camp on it.  I would love that!   

I remember my first deer hunt which was on an opening day back in 1986.  A big thunderstorm came and we all waited for a couple of hours for it to slacked up but all the other hunters got impatient and left camp and went home.  We stayed and finally after the rain slowed we got on the 3-wheeler and went to our stands.  I climbed up on my stand and within 5 minutes I had a 6-point buck on the ground.  Sometimes it pays to be patient and wait it out in our great wild Mississippi outdoors.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...